The Infinity Courts
by Akemi Dawn Bowman
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: April 6th, 2021
Genre(s): YOUNG ADULT FICTION-Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Eighteen-year-old Nami Miyamoto is certain her life is just beginning. She has a great family, just graduated high school, and is on her way to a party where her entire class is waiting for her—including, most importantly, the boy she’s been in love with for years.
The only problem? She’s murdered before she gets there.
When Nami wakes up, she learns she’s in a place called Infinity, where human consciousness goes when physical bodies die. She quickly discovers that Ophelia, a virtual assistant widely used by humans on Earth, has taken over the afterlife and is now posing as a queen, forcing humans into servitude the way she’d been forced to serve in the real world. Even worse, Ophelia is inching closer and closer to accomplishing her grand plans of eradicating human existence once and for all.
As Nami works with a team of rebels to bring down Ophelia and save the humans under her imprisonment, she is forced to reckon with her past, her future, and what it is that truly makes us human.
From award-winning author Akemi Dawn Bowman comes an incisive, action-packed tale that explores big questions about technology, grief, love, and humanity.
My Rating: 4.5 stars
I loved this book so so much!!! Can anyone please get me the second book right now, please???? I am willing to give you anything in return, please, please I beg you. Enough of this 🙈 let’s get to the real review now.
What I loved:
- Nami. I loved Nami, the main character so much. She was such relatable and well written character.
- I loved the side characters a lot too. Each and every character of this book was so good.
- Can we just agree on one thing, that the premise of this book is just so so cool? AI took over the afterlife, that is just such an awesome concept. I had to mention this thing, because that was the first thought I had when I decided to pick this book up, the concept of this book sounds so great. For a lot of books the premise is the only thing that is cool and great and they drop the ball in the execution but The Infinity Courts definitely didn’t do that. This book definitely lived up to my expectations.
- This book was soo addicting! This was if I could have I would have read in one sitting addicting!!!!
- Okay, if you have read even one review of The Infinity Courts you would already know what I am about to say. THE ENDING. OH MY GOD THAT TWIST AT THE END!!!!
There are so many more things I loved about this book and there is nothing more I would love to do than lay my heart bare and state every reason why I loved The Infinity Courts, but I am not going to do that because I think giving out too much information will take away the enjoyment of reading this book for you. So, I am going to leave this review at this. If you like sci-fi and fantasy and think the premise sounds cool (how can it not sound cool?!!!) you need to read this book right now. And even if you are not a sci-fi fan please still give this book a chance, I am very sure you will still love it!!!! I am not a big sci-fi fan but I still loved this book so so much!!
About the Author
Akemi Dawn Bowman is a critically-acclaimed author who writes across genres. Her novels have received multiple accolades and award nominations, and her debut novel, STARFISH, was a William C. Morris Award Finalist. She has a BA in social sciences from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and currently lives in Scotland with her husband and two children. She overthinks everything, including this bio. You can find Akemi on Instagram @AkemiDawnBowman.
Up for grabs, we have TWO (2) finished copies of The Infinity Courts by Akemi Dawn Bowman. This giveaway will be open to US residents only and will run from April 4th to April 12th at 12 AM CST. To enter, click the link below!
GIVEAWAY LINK: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/1e4a114d31/?